Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Beginning

I guess you could say that I recently entered into the terrifying "adult world", as my brilliant and beautiful friend Callie Hanau would say, "2012, the year we got cut-off".

So, now what?

I graduated from college with a degree that proves unimpressive in helping me find a job and  I am stuck in limbo. I am realizing that college did nothing to prepare me for the very fast paced world we live in. I was trained my whole life to go to college, get a job, make money, save for retirement.  What if I don't want that? What if I want to think creatively and make myself and those around me better people because of what I do in life? It seems that I missed the boat on how to find a fulfilling career. It seems that every idea I have has been created or done way better than I could ever dream...talk about frustrating. I frequently feel as if I am standing in an aquarium. The whole world is just beyond the glass, I can see it, I can smell it, but I can't reach it. In this world, everyone else seems to know exactly where they are headed but I am stationary, unable to move.

Thus, I am starting on the ground floor. I am entering into a world full of uncertain futures, lack of financial stability, and a long road to feeling accomplished.

Upon searching the internets (yeah, I said internets...it's the plural of internet) there are tons of blogs about fitness, about crafting, cooking the DIY phenomenon,  being a mom, beauty tips, but what about those of us that aren't sure what our niche is yet? Those of us that watch 15-20 episodes of poorly directed TV shows on netflix because we have nothing better to do? What should we do, besides look for a slightly satisfying job? (see above for prescribed life goals)

Therefore, I am blogging. Maybe no one will ever read it. I may put these ideas to paper (well...sort of) only to help me reflect on my own thoughts an accomplishments. I decided to call the blog Living Upward as a constant reminder that I am trying to live better, cleaner, and stronger. I have no idea exactly what it will turn into, but I certainly hope it will help me, and perhaps others, feel better about the uncertainty "the future" holds.

#havetostartsomewhere
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment